Jeff Buckley- Nightmares by the Sea
The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
The Saturdays - Forever Is Over
Junior M.A.F.I.A - Get Money
Justin Timberlake - The Nature (ft. Talib Kweli)
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
Is the Web Browser Replacing the Art Gallery?
- Gives my art a function, can be useful to people
- New interesting way to present news, add links, more engaging for younger people.
- Works with my fast delivery style
- I can be more aware of the world, less ignorant
- My way of commenting, have a voice
- Less self-indulgent, narcissistic
- There is enough escapism in the world, need more ‘real’ – whatever that is.
- Be wary of scandal, sensationalism, crap journalism
- Maybe harder to make ‘timeless’ art?
- Need to keep fresh and try different approaches, techniques?
- Can’t change the world, but can observe it, try and understand it more.
- Still try and make poetic images and words, but focus more topical.
- Can’t just ‘doodle’, harder but maybe better to have some rules
- Can write history from my perspective.
- No idea if it will be good for me, but just can’t let my brain rot
- Sick of how competitive art is. Try and expand more beyond the image, more heart and intelligence.
- Still try and develop right brain, lateral thinking
- Work is a bit random at the moment, more focus, make it easier to categories /define
- Playing and messing about with software is a good way to learn, maybe shouldn't lose it. Maybe can mess about just don’t upload everything.
- Like physical exercise you can reach plateaus? Maybe this is a plateau
- More settled in China, easier to take things to next level with art
- There is always techniques / software / history to learn, it will never end, the feeling of ‘not being ready’ might never past. Don’t get lost in the feeling.
- I can try it for a year, if I get bored of it I can change.
- Stick with the still image. Don’t give up. You've come this far.
- No matter what my focus is, I’ll keep trying to make beautiful images
I am still going, haven’t stopped in three years, art is good for me, stops me buying stuff, it’s a way of expressing my feelings/thoughts/subconscious. I can be part of the internet revolution in my small way. I am not a writer / academic but can write small poems, prose. It feeds my heart and brain. There is always technical stuff to learn, it never stops and I’ll keep trying to push myself to learn new things. Lots of the good digital art I see is precise and intricate matt painting - Maybe I can never do work of that standard because of time and patience, it just isn’t me, but I can do things in my own style, hopefully work that is fresh and different.
Social media and the constant stream of information are interesting to me and making my work more topical seems like the next step. I am forming my own path, I guess hesitating is normal. I love just having a blank canvas and seeing what comes up, tap into my subconscious – like doodling. But maybe need to put more of a function in my fine art. Poetic News Illustration with interesting links – music, viral videos etc. seems to make the most sense. I think I can add something new to the table.
I guess the more expert you become the more you need to focus and define what it is you do? Maybe it is a platau I need to get past. To know what to drop and what to focus on? I have achieved lots of personal goals these past few years, apart from getting fit and healthy – that is a big challenge I need to focus on. Fine art with a function? Fine art as a news/video aggregator? Hmmm…
Even if no one sees my work, it gets lost in the internet crowd, it is my way of knowing more about the world. Thinking about stuff instead of just mindlessly playing games and watching crappy TV programs. Who knows what the future holds, I’ll just try and make a pretty picture of it.
Pharrell Williams - Brand New Ft. Justin Timberlake
I Don't Run from Danger - The System
African Dad Montage!!! Funny/Hilarious VINE Videos Compilation www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq431fheMO8