Random Art Gallery Notes in my Online Workbook

Random Art Gallery Notes in my Online Workbook

Saw Escher and Liechtenstein exhibits today.

Escher was very impressive. Some of the best draftsmanship I've seen. But it left me feeling a bit de-motivated and cold, not sure why. I guess I'll never get to that level of draftsmanship - but then, I don't want to. I don't care anymore, I've stopped beating myself up about it. I prefer James Rizzi’s childlike fun; I’m more into that style of art.

I just want to make images that look a bit different, a bit original. The best way for me to do that is with photoshop, to just keep experimenting and hoping for the best. I would rather play with light and texture than obsess about the line.

Maybe I'll never get there. I’ll just try and mix meditation and art. Just survive. Try and be happy.

I saw a Munch exhibit in the same venue a while ago. I think I was more moved by those images.

Liechtenstein motivated me, just more light and fun. Loved the size of them. Nice seeing them in the flesh - one of a kind. A feeling hard to recreate with digital online work. Hmmm ...

Anyway, enough fanboy notes.

Cheers, Surian

Tears For Fears - Break It Down Again
www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1100QINlo4&index=72&list...